Tuesday

Standing Naked On Hailey Street!! :: A Personal Blog Post, Part 2

Or so it feels as I publish this post?!  :)  I wanted to take a time out to share about a new venture my husband and I are starting here in our little town of Sweetwater.  For any of you that know us well, you know we have a story.  It's a wonderful story, thankfully one with a happy ending.  I don't want to spoil you taking the time to visit our website and read the full version by sharing too much, but a few years ago, my husband Matt and I went through a major, life-altering crisis and our marriage and family were on the chopping block!  We discovered a tool that I believe saved me, greatly helped preserve our marriage and family.  When life takes you through the valleys, God is so faithful to use your trials and experiences for your good (Romans 8:28), and many times for the good of others as well.   That is exactly what He's doing with us.   We are excited to announce that we are starting Family Life Skills of Sweetwater, a non-profit (or will be) educational organization that is dedicated to helping individuals heal through the personal and family "junk" we all deal with, especially the wounds we receive in childhood/adolescence.   Very few of us grow up in healthy normal homes, this class is for anyone who wants to grow personally.  Some of the specific topics of study include:


•Developing Trust
•Respecting Self and Others/Self-Esteem
•Awareness and Processing of Feelings
•Anger Management
•Childhood Wounds
•Understanding My Anger
•Forgiveness
•Defining Domestic Violence and Abuse
•Conflict Resolution
•Love and Family Bonding
•Male/Female Differences
•Guilt and Shame
•Communications
•Reactive Lifestyles
•Healthy and Lasting Relationships
The classes are gender specific, and meet for 26-30 weeks for 3 hours a week!  This class changed my life and as I said, gave me the tools I'd need to get through one of the hardest times in my life.  We would love it if you took the time to visit our website at www.familylifeskillssweetwater.com to learn more about the program and read our story.  You can also help us spread the word by becoming a fan of our page on Facebook here, and consider being a part of our first class.  
We are currently in the process of raising approximately $8,000 to obtain Life Skills International official licensing to use the course materials and get up and running, as well as to attend a 6 day training in Colorado.  We would greatly appreciate any and all tax-deductible donations.  If you love In Bloom Photography, please consider joining us as we bring this important and life changing ministry to our community.  No amount is too small!  You may mail donation checks to Family Life Skills- Sweetwater, 1418 Hailey Street, Sweetwater, TX 79556.  We can't thank you enough.  If we obtain all the funding we need by October 12th, then we plan to attend training in November.  If not, then we will continue our efforts and attend training in January.  Our goal is to start the first round of classes in February of 2013... which will be here before we know it!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!  Now go take a tour of our site and tell a friend! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing, wishing I lived there to take it.

Shauna mcarthur said...

I really hope I get the opportunity to take this course one day(soon)! I have been looking for something like this! I think this will be a really great life changing experience for many, many people! I will be praying for this program.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09