Tuesday

Baby Blessing...

DSC_5586



DSC_5628



DSC_5714



DSC_5533

This one is for her hubby, Drew!



Blessing-1



DSC_5599

I love this shot!!



DSC_5633



DSC_5665



DSC_5679



DSC_5545



DSC_5659



DSC_5608



DSC_5683


This is my sweet friend Jennifer and she's 34 weeks pregnant with their 6th little one!! I met her at a church retreat over a year ago and the first 2 things I noticed about her was the DSLR she was holding in her hands (of course... like kind!!) and how she just has a kind look in her eyes. She was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and had her hair up in a pony tail... I swear I seriously thought she was maybe 19 years old!!!! I was SHOCKED to hear her real age and that she was mommy to 5 beautiful babies already!! When I found out she was pregnant I just knew I'd get to do a pregnancy session with her!!! Just as I imagined she would, she carries so beautifully!! Let's be honest, she's the type that we all go.. "Man, if I could look like THAT when I'm pregnant I'd have 10 kids!!?" Jen- you are beautiful and I'm so excited to hear your birth story and take miss Selah's pictures!!


On another note... I am realllly encouraged by these pictures! More proof (to me!) that I really learned some valuable info at my recent workshop... I'm noticing that my images are needing less and less time in post-production because I'm taking more time to see the light before I even put the camera up to my eye!! The time I'm getting back is really incredible and I'm so excited to see the results of my study and practice!! For anyone that might be wondering... I didn't do any eye/skin enhancements on these... this is just what great light can do for ya in camera!! Can all my workshop homies say "WOOT-WOOT?!" Hee-hee... I still have a long way to go in my journey.. but I'm excited to feel the progress!!


For those of you that come by often... I've been a complete blog slacker!!! Trying to catch up on too many things... then throw in a workshop, getting a really nasty cold that seriously took me out for 4-5 days, a remote session in Greenville, Texas... and life as a mommy of 2... I'd say that would do it!! I have about 4 sessions I need to blog before this one... but you can see a few of those on my In Bloom Photography Facebook fan page for now if you'd like! I have a newbie session on Wednesday and leave for South Florida again on Thursday... so the blog's going to be neglected for a bit until I return! Stay tuned, I'll be sharing images from a Allison & Mitchell's wedding at the beautiful Addison Restaurant and 6 portrait sessions too! On my last Florida trip, I had 3 lovely ladies whom I met with individually to teach the basics of photography (aperture, shutter speed, iso, lighting, white balance, camera buttons/menus, equipment, etc.). Next week I'll also be meeting with them to do part 2 of their class- post production tips and tricks using Photoshop Elements 8. This curriculum is geared toward the beginner/hobbyist.. but I will soon be offering a more intense series of classes both here in Texas and in So Fla that is geared toward all of the above information, editing in Photoshop CS, and everything involved in starting/running a business (i.e. marketing, branding, business plan, accessing your target market, etc.) Please let me know if you'd like more information on that and I'll send you some more specifics!!


Also... my Florida trip for May 13-18 is almost sold out... I have a few spots left... contact me asap if you'd like one!! Woo-hoo.. here's to the start of a busy Spring!! :)






2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are amazing but that is not a surprise! You are so talented! Thank you for blessing me with these sweet pics of such a special time. I will treasure them forever! I haven't decided on a favorite yet, they are all so good! Love you girl!
Jen

Jen G said...

These are great Karyn! I especially love the headshot!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09