Thursday

Sydney






I first met Sydney & Mommy, Shari, at Gymboree class.  Sydney was about 10 months old then, and just as adorable as she could be.  I was struck by her gorgeous blues and my first thought was, "I'd love to get my camera on HER!."  Much to my delight, Shari contacted me a month or so later as she had seen my work around town and had actually planned to call me before we even met!! (How great is that?)  We tried to get together for pictures pre-holidays of last year, but between our schedules and with me about to give birth to my daughter Elise at anytime... it didn't work out, much to our disappointment.  I was very excited when Shari contacted me again here recently, explaining how she had given up on trying to get any good pictures of her daughter on her own at this age, now 18 months, and had decided she needed "professional help!"  How hilarious, but oh-so-true!  I remember my son at that age... he saw me get my camera out and he went into "ignore Mommy" mode... either that or he would try to press his nose up against the lens which obviously was frustrating and funny all at the same time.  Ironically, Sydney did the same things!!  But, with the gentle coaxing of Mommy nearby, and lots of silly photographer-lady... we got it!  These are just a few of my favorites, but for what might be the toughest age to photograph (in my humble opinion), we got a TON of great shots and lots of smiles & laughs which are always a nice bonus.  I chose mostly non-smiley ones here... which are usually my favorite anyway!  She's a beauty.  Check out that floral dress!!  Apparently, Miss Sydney loves hats... another rarity at this age.  I had fun following her around and got my workout for the day!  Still have some more editing to do, but thought this would be a great sampling for her family to see in the meantime !  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sydney looks adorable in the pictures. They are incredible! They are such timeless photographs. One of these will definitely be framed on my wall forever.
Cousin Kelly

Brooke said...

Wow! What a good lookin' kid! You captured her so well.

Anonymous said...

I have been friend's with mommy Shari since 4th grade. These pics are great. Going to show my wife as we have a 3.5 month old and may be calling on you soon!

Mark

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09