Wednesday

Stephanie's Trash the Dress Session:: Texas Trash the Dress, Abilene Wedding Photographer

DSC_3096



DSC_3160



DSC_2887



DSC_2882



DSC_2874



DSC_3140



DSC_2960



DSC_2971



Untitled-1

I'd say so, huh?!!!! :)



DSC_2985

How cute is she??!



DSC_3095



DSC_3080

My Ode to Nichole Van



DSC_2943

Full sunlight... no blown out wedding dress = GOOOD THING! :)



DSC_2918



Aqua



DSC_3147



DSC_3166

Bride in the Tree... I love it! :)



DSC_3112

Below: This is what the lighting actually looked like at this location! Above: What fancy camera tricks can do!!!



DSC_3122



DSC_3046



DSC_2854 copy

The big finish! :) I LOVE THIS SESSION! YAY!



A session like this with a gal like this just really gets my photography juices flowin! Stephanie is the sister-in-law to Kyera, who's Maternity photographs I shot last year. I had told Kyera that I was excited to find a few willing candidates to do some TTD work with and she immediately thought of Stephanie. Months back, Stephanie called and we agreed we'd shoot for the summer time, when things greened up a bit and when I slowed down a little. Thankfully, we finally made it happen and got this session done!!! I was reminded of JUST how important it is for me to get out there to just play as a photographer, not to mention to have someone who is willing to do whatever I'd like them to (and has their own ideas, imagine that?!!) and really experiment and showcase my skills a bit!! Good for the soul! :)


Not only is Stephanie gorgeous, but working with someone as confident and comfortable as she was really made my job a breeze! I love how her big brown eyes just stand out in each photo!! We had great plans of getting seriously dirty... but alas, the sun set and we ran out of time.... though trust me, the dress was plenty dirty and beyond cleaning repair! We trashed it alright though the dirt stayed pretty hidden in the photographs! :) There's been talk of getting together one more time and putting her poor dress out of it's misery!!! I'm game Steph! :)


Thanks to my lovely carbon-based light stand (ha!), Alanna Glass, of A.G Imagery (catchy name, huh?) who once again accompanied me on this shoot! Alanna plugged in a few times of and got some shots of her own... which I'm sure you'll see on her Facebook page as well!



7 comments:

Jen Graber said...

These are Fabulous Karyn! I LOVE them! Most excellent job!

Whitney Hempsey said...

Oh my gosh woman, these are fantastic. These images are perfect!

Jodi said...

Karyn, Just checked out your trash the dress pics...AMAZING!
The scenery, color, layout, everything....really impressive girl!
.....Wish I still fit in my wedding dress :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karyn, this is Isabel. Pics are sooooo awesome!!!! You are soooo creative. I absolutely love your style!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Thank you Karyn for making me look so beautiful. I almost cried as I read your sweet post. I may have had more fun than you though. Thank you for capturing the moments as I dressed up again as if it were my wedding day (even though it was 06-07-08). With photography skills like yours who wouldn't get that dress out of their closet & put into an album! Your photography skills are out of this world & I am game for putting the dress out of it's misery as soon as you are. Just let me know when your schedule slows down again.

Anonymous said...

Karyn,
These are fantastic!! The fun you guys had really show through in these amazing images!! LOVE the locations you find!! My fave is the the B/W dryer shot - unexpected and GORGEOUS!! This session would make a great story for the weekend section in the local paper - the shots are perfect for it!
You are Super talented and Abilene is lucky to have you!

Donna K. Hughes

Anonymous said...

You seriously see Sweetwater (and anywhere here locally) like no other photographer I've seen. I'm amazed at how you take such a blah location and use your camera, lights, and subjects to create such gorgeous art!! It's obvious you know what you are doing... and not just relying on fixing to get you through... well done Karyn. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! -Jeremy

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09