Tuesday

In Bloom In the News....

Well, I'm so excited to share with you two quick little accolades that In Bloom Photography has received over the last few days!! I happen to live in the town of Sweetwater, Texas and a few weeks ago, our local newspaper asked me for an interview! The Sweetwater Reporter featured a full page article, complete with a 10 image sampling of my work on the front page of the Focus section. I was quite proud to share my work with all of Sweetwater and the response has been wonderful so far! Could it get even more exciting?? Yes it can!! Every month I'll be choosing a session to highlight and will have that same front page again!! I'll be submitting an assortment of images from that session and a little back ground info and I get to share my work with Sweetwater once a month! What an opportunity!! :)


The article wasn't available online, but I've had so many requests from non-locals to read it so I've decided to post the text at the bottom of this post! :)


Before you read the article though... I have one more fun thing to share! About 2 weeks ago I did an impromptu shoot for my wonderful church, Emmanual Fellowship. Actually, our Youth Pastor, Loran, requested the session. He (and a bunch of helpers) has recently redone our youth room and given the whole youth ministry a make-over... calling it The Salvage Yard. Well, instead of bringing a bunch of junk into the youth room... Loran's idea was to bring some of the youth into the junk yard and take pictures!! He got permission from a local scrap metal salvage yard for us to come in and pose it up for a session... and MAN did the kids to a rockin' job!


This first image below was chosen by ColorInc Professional Photo Lab as their Photo Pick of the Day today!! They have it posted on their Facebook page, Printlife Blog(you'll see it later today), and will be using the image in a new promotion for a new print product coming soon! How stinkin' exciting is that!!?! I must admit, it felt great to have an industry leader recognize my work and say "Hey- good job!" :)


Anyway, that's all for now! I'm up to my ears in wedding photo editing so I'll end this post so I can get back to work! :) As always, thanks for stopping in!! Enjoy the article below!



EFC Trashy Youth!-215

ColorInc Professional Photo Lab's Photo Pick of the Day- August 31, 2010



And here are a few more of my favs from that session.... :)


EFC Trashy Youth!-212



EFC Trashy Youth!-210

Aren't they just so tough!!?!


EFC Trashy Youth!-211



EFC Trashy Youth!-204

This image is blown up nice and big in the youth room, along with 3 others! They look fab! Really polished off the look of the room! What an awesome idea Loran!



EFC Trashy Youth!-203



EFC Trashy Youth!-200

Loran, our fearless leader!! I should mention too that my husband and I serve in the youth ministry... and that made this session even more fun because I know and love all these kids!!


And now on to the article... thankfully the paper had emailed me a draft before the article ran so I could just copy and paste it here!!




From a Different Angle...

It's all about seeing more than meets the eye.
Six years ago, Karyn Carbone, realized just how much could be expressed through a photograph.
While expecting her first child, Carbone was gifted a pregnancy portrait session. After seeing the photos, she was amazed by the emotion and sentiment behind them. She knew that she had found a new calling.
"I was overwhelmed at the beauty of the outcome," Carbone said. "It was the sentiment, the mood behind the picture."
Before this portrait session, she had been pursuing her dream as a pastry chef. Almost immediately after, she knew that she had found what she was meant to be doing. After mentioning the idea to her friend, she decided to begin her photography venture.
" I knew that other women would want this feeling, that I had from my photos," Carbone said. "After mentioning it to my friend, I asked if she minded me doing it and she gave me her blessing. From there, I just started booking appointments."
She started out taking maternity portraits, then added kids, families, seniors and weddings. About two years ago, she photographed her first wedding.
"I took a photography class in college, but it wasn't anything I was serious about," Carbone said. "It just seems now that I've found my artsy side, in the photographs."
Two years ago, Carbone brought her artistic side to Sweetwater. After her husband decided to enroll in the wind energy program at Texas State Technical College, the family moved from Florida to Sweetwater. Even after the move, she kept her clients in Florida and picked up a new client base in the Sweetwater area.
"After about a year of starting, it became a serious source of income," Carbone said. "The good thing about it is that I can be as busy or not busy as I want to be."
Taking photographs, has not only allowed her to be part of the happy times in people's lives; it has provided her with many opportunities to give back. She recently signed up for Operation Love Reunited. It is a program that allows photographers to set up sessions for soldiers and their families, free of charge.
"God has always provided what I need," Carbone said. "Giving back just makes it more enjoyable."
On top of giving back, she is also taking part in a photography phenomenon, that is currently sweeping the country. Most brides to be like to have their bridal photos taken, but there is always that uneasiness of not messing up the dress. During the bridal shoots, extreme care has to be taken when picking locations. However, after the wedding is over; there is no reason that the bride can't slip on the dress one more time for a photo-shoot.
"Basically, we can go places that you normally wouldn't go," Carbone said. "All the wedding day stress is gone and brides are just able to go out, to places that may not be as neat and clean, and get some amazing shots."
Trash the Dress photo sessions don't always end up trashing the dress, but sometimes it just happens. The main point is to capture those moments and scenes that just wouldn't normally be caught. Rusted iron, peeling paint, and some tall grass can make for a damage dress, but a beautiful photo.
"Great photography happens when you can find that creative perspective in any given situation or location," Carbone said. "This was something new and fresh for this area, and it is exciting to be a part of it."
Through the years, she has gained many lasting relationships. Capturing the perfect moment is one side of the story, but helping others be able to capture those moments is the other.
"I also enjoy sharing what I know," Carbone said. "I love to teach, share my learning experience."
She divides the teaching into two sections; learning the basics and then photoshoping. She has even compiled a photography book that helps explain what she is teaching. She makes sure that the person knows how to use the camera, goes over aperture, shutter speed and then has them take photos.
"For the first part, I take photos side by side with them," Carbone said. "Then I like to have them take certain photos and we come back and learn photoshop."
Sometimes the perfect photo can be enhanced even more, with a little bit of tweaking from photoshop.
"Through this business, you get to be a part of families," Carbone said. " You get to share the happy times and watch families grow."
If you would like to find out more about In Bloom Photography visit www.inbloomimagages.com. A complete list of pricing, her blog, and a photo gallery can be found there. Appointments for weekends are scheduled about a month in advance, due to the high demand on weekends.
For appointments call 325-338-2453.




3 comments:

Leah said...

Wow! Totally, totally awesome. I feel like I'm friends with a celebrity!! I love the youth-junk yard pics what a great ad original idea. Reading the newspaper article makes me want to start calling you Carbone. Great job Karyn you deserve all the accolades!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad to have you in Sweetwater!!! The article was awesome, as were the photos.. as usual!

Anonymous said...

So proud of and for you, sweet friend! Others see what I see...a totally awesome, God-inspired gifting that will touch and bless many! Love and prayers...

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09