Sunday

Lillian & Paul's Sweetheart Session....

Paul & Lillian are sweet friends of mine... church family actually! They are some serious prayer warriors and I have personally prayed with each of them for various reasons... one of the most memorable times being when we prayed with Lillian when we lost our little baby Grahym last year, and then again that Matt & I would conceive this baby girl I'm now carrying in my belly!! :) God is SO good and so faithful!!


We started the session in town... I thought the staircase would be a good warm up!! Then we moved to the old feed store with the huge silos (love those)! Finally, we went back to their home and explored their land a bit! The field of milo served as the perfect back drop for the sunset shot... OH how I love playing around with shots like that!! The image you see of the rock pathway... each one of those rocks you see..... and folks, this is not a short pathway.... represents a prayer Paul has prayed for someone over the last 4 years or so!! My favorite part of our session was listening to Paul tell me the story about how the rock path came about and how faithful God has been through the years to answer his prayers. Somewhere along that path, there is a rock with my husband's name on it from when we first moved to Sweetwater and Paul prayed for a job for Matt while he was in school. There is also a rock for me from when Paul prayed for the healing of a VERY wicked sore throat that had been plaguing me for too long. I'll tell you, God answers prayer!! The last series of images are on top of a beautiful hill with an amazing view (we're talking miles and miles of visibility) where Paul goes to pray... so naturally, I wanted to be sure we incorporated these elements into the pictures! They were precious to work with... and make it just more obvious to me that everyone needs to do a Sweetheart session... not just couples who are getting married!! They've been married for 13 years and haven't had any pictures like this taken since their wedding!! It was a great pleasure to create some new keepsake images for them! Here's a little taste of what we got! Thanks for stopping in! :)


Neal-123



Neal-100



Neal-106



Neal-103



Neal-112



Neal-114

Git it girl.... :)



Neal-110



Neal-120

Looooove this, love these trees... such a gorgeous spot!!



Neal-126



Neal-130

13 years of marriage... built on THE Rock!!! :)


diptych



Neal-136



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez Karyn?! Give the others a chance! GORGEOUS.

Nichole said...

gorgeous, Karyn! So love seeing what you're up to!

Anonymous said...

oh my, Karyn! Such a God-gift to capture the very hearts & essence of your subjects. I could look at your work for hours.

Anonymous said...

These are some of my favotite friends! We have been through so much together. I have had two failed marriages since they married, and do so admire them. They are meant for each other, and I hope that someday, I can find that! I love them both dearly, and miss them. Ilove you Jay and P.R. The pics are beautiful, and I see the love in your faces! Love you both, Jan--God Bless!

Unknown said...

I love the the first one, I can only imagine what Peepaw was thinking and it reminds me of a looong time ago, before Jason and I were married, Jay told me she loved Paul's hugs because they just fit together perfectly. These are great and they made my sweet hubby smile too. Love ya, Karyn, you never cease to amaze me.

~Karyn said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments!! Music to my ears!! Each session is special in it's own way, but there was a particular tangible sweetness to this one!

I believe you Jackie about Jay's (Lillian's) feelings about Paul's hugs... you could read that all over her during the session!!! :) Funny, I say the exact same thing about my husband's hugs... :) We just fit together so comfortably!!

Tanya B said...

Beautiful Pictures! Beautiful Grace Filled subjects! And one AMAZING photographer! Karyn...you are a Blessing to Sweetwater, Nolan County and West Texas! I love you Sister! And your pictures appear to be evolving...transforming...I'm not sure what is the exact right word...or how to describe it! But I see God's had in it and your pictures look different today...than they did a year agao!!!! Coming from a layman of course! hee,hee. Love ya

Anonymous said...

These are two love birds and there is no denying it. Love them!! Lorin

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09